Patient-specific jaw reconstruction and planning
The BoneGuide Jaw system is a custom-made medical device used to support primary and secondary reconstruction of the jaw by autologous bone graft. The system consists of cutting guides (for bone graft removal and jaw resection), conceptual models of bones (bone with the graft and reconstructed jaw used to shape the fixing material), and a model of the reconstructive bone graft. Jaw reconstruction and individual aids are designed for the specific patient based on their scan.
Why BoneGuide Jaw?
- Primary jaw reconstruction – Planning and execution of a jaw resection and reconstruction can take place during the same surgery. We allow precise and safe removal of pathological tissue, and a prepared precision bone graft follows the performed resection.
- Secondary jaw reconstruction – Planning and execution of a reconstruction of a jaw whose resection was performed earlier. We allow the precise connection of a prepared bone graft to the current state of the jaw.
- Open and flexible system – This allows the use of any implant system and offers space for improvisation thanks to the ability to make minor changes to the planned reconstruction if unexpected complications occur during the surgery.
- Affordable solutions – Our service is more affordable than comparable solutions. The price is unified for all types of reconstructions. We provide synergy in the process of reimbursement by health insurance companies in cooperation with our local sales representatives.
- Easy and fast use – Our guides and models enable clear, fast, and intuitive use during the surgery. Fixation materials are shaped by conceptual models in advance, and graphical instructions are included to improve orientation during the procedure.
- Risk reduction – Risk is reduced for patients and surgeons. The operation time is reduced by preoperative planning, preshaping of fixation materials, and the use of cutting guides. Prepared bone grafts follow performed jaw resections precisely thanks to the planning, which increases the chance for complete and fast healing.
- Comprehensive and professional solutions – This jaw reconstruction solution is designed specifically for the context of the facial part of the skull. Each jaw reconstruction design is approved by the treating surgeon.
- Fast design and delivery – Each jaw reconstruction design is prepared within a few days of receiving the CT scan. Cutting guides and models are sent within 7 days of the approval of the design.
- Precision and aesthetics – The bone graft is taken precisely according to planned reconstruction, which is intended to preserve the original shape and function of the jaw as accurately as possible.
- Cutting guides – Guides ensure that the jaw resection and bone graft removal respond to the plan as accurately as possible.
- Conceptual models – These allow you to shape the fixation materials before the surgery, providing an overview of the procedure and enabling better communication with the patient.
- Spacer – The model of the reconstructive bone graft, which is used as a placeholder model during the fixation of the jaw and for control of the course of the operation during the surgery. The spacer is used to define the necessary changes to achieve a successful reconstruction if unexpected complications occur.
Frequently asked questions
We have been operating on the European market of individual medical devices for 11 years and we have prepared more than 900 cases. We have been intensely devoted to jaw reconstruction for 3 years and we have been involved more than 15 cases of primary and secondary jaw reconstruction by autologous bone graft form both the fibula and pelvis.
TESCAN Medical is a registered manufacturer of custom-made medical devices in the European Union. We have the required ISO 13485 certification and first-hand experience gained over 11 years. We are using validated technologies and certified materials for the processing of CT scans and the production of medical devices.
You just have to send us an order and patient CT scan. Send your order via our contact form. We will contact you after receiving your order and we will send you a link to our secure upload form for sending CT scan.
Slice thickness of at least 1 mm or thinner, bone reconstruction window, and without gantry tilt if possible. You can find the details in the CT scanning guidelines in the Downloads section.
We use secure data storage of medical data that conform to the highest international standards of ISO 27001, HIPAA, and GDPR. You can find necessary information about how to send us CT data by following this link.
We create the best possible design of the jaw reconstruction based on our experience of the last 11 years. We will send the design to you electronically to get your approval, and only then will we start producing the cutting guides. In case you want to alter the design, we will make the requested changes and then send you the new design for your approval.
The jaw reconstruction design is prepared within a few days of receiving the CT scan. Cutting guides and models are sent within 7 days of the approval of the design.
The delivery consists of: cutting guides used for bone graft removal and jaw resection, conceptual models of bone with the graft and reconstructed jaw used to shape the fixing materials, a model of the reconstructive bone graft (spacer) which is used as a placeholder model by fixing the jaw and for control of the course of the operation, an individualised declaration of conformity, and graphical instructions to be used to aid orientation during the procedure.
BoneGuide Jaw is an open and flexible system, which allows you to use any fixation material you are accustomed to. It offers space for improvisation thanks to the ability to make minor changes to the planned reconstruction if unexpected complications occur during the surgery.
You can find all documents and instructions in the Downloads section. We supply the instructions for use, including the sterilisation conditions, with every form. The instruction includes a graphical representation of the specific case for better orientation during the surgery. We can also take part in the surgery and give you necessary support if required.
Our service is more affordable than comparable solutions. The price is unified for all types of reconstruction. We provide synergy in the process of reimbursement by health insurance companies in cooperation with our local sales representatives. Please contact us for more information.