Patient-specific reconstructive implants
BoneImplant is a custom-made anatomical reconstruction implant prepared for specific patients precisely based on their CT scans. It is used for the reconstruction or fixation of part of the skeleton damaged by tumours or trauma. Implants are made of titanium using 3D printing technology. BoneImplant is used in cases where standard implants cannot be used, especially in the areas of traumatology, orthopaedics, neurosurgery, maxillofacial surgery, and oncology. We are currently in the clinical trial phase.
- Custom-made implant – Designed for a specific patient based on their CT scans, it is used in cases where standard implants cannot be used.
- Preservation of anatomy – The implant is designed to correspond as much as possible to the tissue anatomy at the reconstruction site.
- Design in cooperation with the doctor – The design of the implant takes into account the requirements and experiences of the treating surgeon. The design is fine-tuned until the surgeon is fully confident.
- Any implant – We are not limited by the site of the reconstruction: we can prepare the implant for any part of the skeleton.
- Conceptual models – It is possible to supply a conceptual model of the implant and surrounding tissues for preoperative preparation.
- Fast design and delivery – The implant design is completed within a few days of receiving the CT scan. Delivery speed of the implant is based on the production technology chosen.
- Comprehensive and professional solution – The implant is designed to accommodate the surrounding tissues and draws on our experience gained over the last 11 years. Each design is approved by the treating surgeon.
The BoneImplant system is currently in the clinical trial phase.
Frequently asked questions
We have been operating on the European market of individual medical devices for 11 years and we have prepared more than 900 cases. BoneImplant is currently undergoing the rigorous clinical trials for custom-made implants.
TESCAN Medical is a registered manufacturer of custom-made medical devices in the European Union. We have the required ISO 13485 certification and first-hand experience gained over 11 years. We are using validated technologies and certified materials for the processing of CT scans and the production of medical devices.
You just have to send us an order and the patient’s CT scan. Send your order via our contact form. We will contact you after receiving your order and we will send you a link to our secure upload form for sending the CT scan.
Slice thickness of at least 1 mm or thinner, bone reconstruction window, and without gantry tilt if possible. You can find the details in the CT scanning guidelines in the Downloads section.
We use secure data storage of medical data that conform to the highest international standards of ISO 27001, HIPAA, and GDPR. You can find necessary information about how to send us CT data by following this link.
We create the best possible implant designs based on our experience of the last 11 years. We will send the design to you electronically to get your approval, and only then will we start producing the implant. In case you want to alter the design, we will make the requested changes and then send you the new design for your approval.
The anatomy and tissue damage of the patient can be so specific that standard fixation and reconstructive implants are not usable.
We want to offer you only the highest quality implants and service. Therefore we are choosing and testing available technologies, materials, and production processes with appropriate care. At the moment we are undergoing clinical trials of chosen implants, and so we will be able to offer you the best product for your patient very soon. We will notify you as soon as testing ends and sales begin.