Conceptual tissue models for operation planning and preparation
ConceptModel is a custom-made medical device in the form of an anatomical model used for preoperative preparation, in particular planning surgery procedures, shaping fixation materials (plates, flaps , meshes), simulating surgeries, and training doctors. It is prepared on the base of patient’s CT scan and manufactured by 3D printing technology. The models are sterilisable and usable in the operating room during the surgery. The whole process from the processing of CT scans to the manufacturing of the models is fully certified. Our solutions are used especially in traumatology, orthopaedics, oncology, maxillofacial, and plastic surgeries.
- Preoperative preparation and planning – It is possible to prepare yourself for a complicated surgery in detail and to plan concrete procedures with the use of conceptual models.
- Preparation of fixation materials and implants – Conceptual models allow you to choose appropriate fixation materials and implants as well as their shape before surgery (plates, flaps , meshes).
- Trial surgery – Through conceptual models you can repeatedly test and debug a procedure with no risk.
- Professional training – Conceptual models are opportunities for beginning surgeons to gain experiences without risk to real patients.
- Communication with the patient – You can illustrate the operation procedure and possible alternatives for your patient using the conceptual models.
- Reducing operation time – Shorter procedures are possible thanks to better preoperative planning and preparation of fixation materials and implants.
- Damaged tissue reconstruction – We can perform damaged tissue reconstruction together with the design of a conceptual model. The surgeon can have the conceptual model of the current state of the tissue as well as the design of the damaged tissue reconstruction at their disposal.
- Risk reduce – Safer procedures for patients and surgeons through better preoperative planning and shorter operation time.
- Fast design and delivery – A design of the anatomical model is prepared within a few days of receiving the CT scan. A printed model is sent within 7 days of the approval of the design.
- Comprehensive and professional solution – Prepared conceptual models are approved by the treating surgeon. The whole process from the processing of CT scans to the manufacture of the models is completely certified, as are the sterilisable materials used in the operating room.
11 years of experience
900+ successful operations
5 European countries
Our reference centres
The University Hospital in Ostrava – Neurosurgery Clinic
The University Hospital Brno – Clinic of Oral, Jaw and Facial Surgery
The University Hospital Olomouc – Clinic of Oral, Jaw and Facial Surgery
Frequently asked questions
Concept model service is part of BoneForm and BoneGuide Jaw services and has been operating on the European market for more than 11 years. We have prepared more than 900 anatomical models of different parts of the skeleton – whether physiological or pathological.
TESCAN Medical is a registered manufacturer of custom-made medical devices in the European Union. We have the required ISO 13485 certification and first-hand experience gained over 11 years. We are using validated technologies and certified materials for the processing of CT scans and the production of medical devices.
You just have to send us an order and the patient’s CT scan. Send your order via our contact form. We will contact you after receiving your order and we will send you a link to our secure upload form for sending the CT scan.
Slice thickness of at least 1 mm or thinner, bone reconstruction window, and without gantry tilt if possible. You can find the details in the CT scanning guidelines in the Downloads section.
We use secure data storage of medical data that conform to the highest international standards of ISO 27001, HIPAA, and GDPR. You can find necessary information about how to send us CT data by following this link.
We create the best possible implant designs based on our experiences of the last 11 years. We will send the design to you electronically to get your approval, and only then will we start producing the model. In case you want to alter the design, we will make the requested changes and then send you the new design for your approval.
A design of the anatomical model is prepared within a few days of receiving the CT scan. A printed model is sent within 7 days of the approval of the design.
The delivery consists of: a sterilisable anatomical model, an individualised declaration of conformity, and graphical instructions to be used to aid orientation during the surgery.
Yes, anatomical models can be sterilised in an autoclave. The sterilization conditions are listed in the instructions for use.
Please contact us or our sales representatives for more information.